Cool Stuff – Week of November 18, 2012Cool Stuff
Welcome to Cool Stuff, a weekly feature where we post our favorite links from the past week, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
- We start with something that, admittedly, is pretty relevant to us because the person at the heart of this story is a former employee. Apparently own Jess Nichols found one of her images being repurposed by fashion designer Chris Benz. You can get the scoop on this story on Jess’ blog.
- A new music video by Grammy-nominated artist BT features the time-lapse work of one of our customers, Randy Halverson. Congrats, Randy! This is a stunning video.
- We love photographer Jay P. Morgan’s lighting tutorials. Here, he looks at depth of field as a creative tool. Awesomesauce!
- Sony’s been on a tear with their digital cameras lately, but it’s easy to forget how long they’ve been in the game. From our friends at PetaPixel comes this look back at one of the grandaddies of the digital camera world, the Sony Mavica.
- Photographer Lindsay Adler is making quite the name for herself with her work as an instructor. Here, she shows you how to achieve a liquid black look to skin with a combination of lighting and Photoshop.
- And finally, because there’s so much eye candy here, Goldpaint Photography’s Within Two Worlds time-lapse. We like pretty things.
And now, for the BorrowLenses.com Roundup!
- If you haven’t heard, we’re hiring! We’ve got two open positions right now.
- Chalk this one up to the “Because we can” category. We get silly with an EOS-M.
- San Francisco peeps, we’ve got another pickup location for you!
- The awesome folks at Camp Promise sent us a thank you card, and we can’t wait to see what they did with the GoPro camera rentals we donated!
That’s it for this week’s Cool Stuff. As always, questions and feedback are welcome in the comments below.
Latest posts by Sohail Mamdani (see all)
- New Photo Gear at BorrowLenses – April 2015 Edition - April 13, 2015
- New Video Gear at BorrowLenses – April 2015 Edition - April 10, 2015
- Cool Stuff — March 29, 2015 - March 29, 2015