Cool Stuff – Week of November 11, 2012Cool Stuff
Welcome to Cool Stuff, a weekly feature where we post our favorite links from the past week, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
- We’re pretty big GoPro fans here at BorrowLenses.com, so we got a kick out of this little trick: hide a GoPro in a bride’s bouquet for some cool POV shots.
- The rollout of awesome videos from the Luminance 2012 conference continues. One of our new favorites is this talk by astronaut Donald Pettit.
- The guys over at Pixiq have some interesting info about the autofocus system of the D800, D4, and D600. Check it out here.
- Photographer Kamil Tamiola has some awesome tips for long-exposure night photography on a mountain. I got cold just watching the video.
- And lastly, a nod to all you retro shooters out there. Photographer Robert Burley has a book coming out called Disappearance of Darkness. Here’s a video preview.
And now for the BorrowLenses.com Roundup…
- Big news! We’re partnering with Sony on a “Rent, Shoot, Return” program. Check out the details here, then get on over to our site for hot new Sony gear, including the A99 and the NEX-6.
- The Deal of the Week is here! You might have to fight me for it, but the Nikon 200-400 F/4 VR II lens is on the list at 25% off. Go get ‘em while they’re hot.
- Canon’s new EOS-M mirrorless camera is in the house, along with other new gear. Make sure you follow us on Instagram – a lot of this new stuff gets posted there first!
That’s it for this week’s Cool Stuff. As always, questions and feedback are welcome in the comments below.
Latest posts by Sohail Mamdani (see all)
- Seeking Inspiration — July 20, 2014 - July 20, 2014
- The Bokeh Effect: How Sensor Size Affects Background Blur - May 14, 2014
- Illuminating the Face, by Peter Hurley: A Review - May 6, 2014