Welcome to Cool Stuff, a weekly feature where we post our favorite links from the past week, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
- We’re pretty big GoPro fans here at BorrowLenses.com, so we got a kick out of this little trick: hide a GoPro in a bride’s bouquet for some cool POV shots.
- The rollout of awesome videos from the Luminance 2012 conference continues. One of our new favorites is this talk by astronaut Donald Pettit.
- The guys over at Pixiq have some interesting info about the autofocus system of the D800, D4, and D600. Check it out here.
- Photographer Kamil Tamiola has some awesome tips for long-exposure night photography on a mountain. I got cold just watching the video.
- And lastly, a nod to all you retro shooters out there. Photographer Robert Burley has a book coming out called Disappearance of Darkness. Here’s a video preview.
And now for the BorrowLenses.com Roundup…
- Big news! We’re partnering with Sony on a “Rent, Shoot, Return” program. Check out the details here, then get on over to our site for hot new Sony gear, including the A99 and the NEX-6.
- The Deal of the Week is here! You might have to fight me for it, but the Nikon 200-400 F/4 VR II lens is on the list at 25% off. Go get ’em while they’re hot.
- Canon’s new EOS-M mirrorless camera is in the house, along with other new gear. Make sure you follow us on Instagram – a lot of this new stuff gets posted there first!
That’s it for this week’s Cool Stuff. As always, questions and feedback are welcome in the comments below.