Cool Stuff – Week of October 26, 2012Cool Stuff
Welcome to Cool Stuff, a weekly feature where we post our favorite links from the past week, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
- Watching an Annie Leibovitz BTS (Behind The Scenes) video, even a 2-minute one, is an educational experience. Especially when David Hobby annotates one.
- Via National Geographic, take a gander at a dolly-mounted camera track a racing cheetah. Um, yeah. That was our reaction too.
- Speaking of jaw-dropping things, check out this time-lapse with night and day images rotoscoped into the same film. “Cool” isn’t enough to describe it.
- Last week, we brought you the city-without-people time-lapse of San Francisco by director Ross Ching. This time, Ross tackles Seattle.
- And finally, via our friends at PetaPixel, we bring you this awesome piece on the sheer joy a photographer experiences when his subject gets friendly.
And now, the BorrowLenses.com rundown:
- You’ve still got a couple of days to take advantage of this week’s special. Folks, there’s a D800 on there for 25% off. Get your orders in!
- Another three days left to enter our “Action” photography Fan Photo Challenge. Who doesn’t like prizes?
- We’re at PPE in NYC this week – see all the fun we’ve been up to on our Facebook page.
That’s it for this week’s Cool Stuff. As always, questions and feedback are welcome in the comments below.
Latest posts by Sohail Mamdani (see all)
- Things to Know about the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera Raw Update (with Some Sample Footage) - December 3, 2013
- What (Else) to Know When Renting the Hasselblad H4X Medium Format Camera w/ 80MP IQ280 Digital Back - November 27, 2013
- Cool Stuff — November 24, 2013 - November 24, 2013