Cool Stuff – Week of October 20, 2012Cool Stuff
Welcome to Cool Stuff, a weekly feature where we post our favorite links from the past week, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
- There’s a little space geek in all of us, I think. So, of course, we have to lead with this amazing time-lapse from Matthew Givot. Endeavour, you will be missed!
- Speaking of time-lapses and space geekery, Christopher Malin took a bunch of NASA-provided imagery and created this bit of awesomeoness:
- Alfred Eisenstaedt shot stars of a different kind. From President John F. Kennedy to Marilyn Monroe, Eisie was one of the most renowned portrait photographers in history. Life has a great bit about how, at the very end of his portrait sessions, he’d pull a Hitchcock and jump in for cameo.
- San Francisco is our back yard. So it stands to reason that this caught our eye. Director Ross Ching plans a series like this, so watch out for other cities he’ll cover too.
- And finally, everyone’s favorite wearable camera now has an update. We’ve got it available for pre-booking, but what better way to show it off than with a video?
And now, for the BorrowLenses.com Roundup!
That’s it for this week’s Cool Stuff. As always, questions and feedback are welcome in the comments below.
Latest posts by Sohail Mamdani (see all)
- New Photo Gear at BorrowLenses – April 2015 Edition - April 13, 2015
- New Video Gear at BorrowLenses – April 2015 Edition - April 10, 2015
- Cool Stuff — March 29, 2015 - March 29, 2015