Cool Stuff – Week of Oct 13, 2012Cool Stuff
Welcome to Cool Stuff, a weekly feature where we post our favorite links from the past week, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
- So – Nikon gives you a $10,000 400mm f/2.8 lens to play with. What do you do? If you’re Benjamin Von Wong, you make a portrait lit with an iPhone’s LED flash, of course.
- Jay-Z’s new album has a neat-looking cover, and at first I thought, “Meh, not a bad Photoshop job.” Turns out, it’s NOT Photoshop, as our friends at FStoppers.com reveal.
- We’re huge fans of the guys over at DigitalRev.com, and they’ve got a great little bit on how to shoot double-exposure portraits.
- Sony’s been on a tear recently. In addition to its own cameras, it also produces sensors for cameras like the Nikon D800. Now, sonyalpharumors.com has a bit about their next big thing: a 50 megapixel camera. Nikon, you may not be the megapixel kings for long!
- And finally, our nod to the election season brings you a really cool collection of images from White House photographer Pete Souza. Pete’s had unprecedented access to the President, and his story and images are worth your time.
And now, for the BorrowLenses.com rundown!
- We mentioned this last week, but it bears repeating: We’ve got a bunch of new pickup locations.
- You’re almost out of time to use the deal of the week! Never fear though, there’ll be a new one on Monday.
- We’ve got new gear! These Rokinon cine lenses are awesome – and they’re pre-geared for your follow-focus systems.
That’s it for this week’s Cool Stuff. As always, questions and feedback are welcome in the comments below.
Latest posts by Sohail Mamdani (see all)
- New Photo Gear at BorrowLenses – April 2015 Edition - April 13, 2015
- New Video Gear at BorrowLenses – April 2015 Edition - April 10, 2015
- Cool Stuff — March 29, 2015 - March 29, 2015