Cool Stuff – Week of September 29, 2012Cool Stuff
Welcome to Cool Stuff, a weekly feature where we post our favorite links from the past week, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
- If you haven’t seen this yet, you totally should. Light painting is all the rage right now, but these were done by artist Eric Staller way back in the 1970s with a Nikon film camera. Um, wow.
- The way we see it, just about anything from Joe McNally automatically gets a mention in Cool Stuff. Here, he goes over some of his images published in NatGeo. An hour with Joe McNally? Um, yeah!
- The awesome folks at Vimeo have thrown a lot of video-related tutorials out there for you budding filmmakers. Now, they’ve got one up that should make a few lightbulbs go off in your heads too. Here’s how to use your car as a massive motorized dolly.
- We’re fans of photographer Jay P. Morgan of The Slanted Lens. Not only is he a working pro, he takes time to help educate the rest of us on various tips and techniques. Here’s his latest, a tutorial on simple corporate portraits.
- And speaking of photographers we admire, Zack Arias was featured on Complex magazine’s blog as part of a new series called Shots Fired.
And now, for the BorrowLenses.com rundown!
- It’s still good for orders placed through tomorrow, so make sure you take advantage of our latest promo. We’ll have a new one next week, but if you’re looking to grab a Nikon 50mm f/1.4 or a Canon 100-400, go place your order now!
- We’re in Week 3 of our fan photo challenge, and you have, again, till tomorrow to submit your portrait photography to enter!
- There are some some really cool shots in last week’s contest winners, so make sure you check them out here.
That’s it for this week’s Cool Stuff. As always, questions and feedback are welcome in the comments below.
Latest posts by Sohail Mamdani (see all)
- Cool Stuff — April 14, 2014 - April 14, 2014
- Capturing the Surf: an Interview with Photographer Seth Migdail - April 3, 2014
- Fuji X-T1: First Impressions - March 26, 2014