Welcome to Cool Stuff, a weekly feature where we post our favorite links from the past week, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
So – Photokina happened last week. PetaPixel has a nice roundup of the booths of major manufacturers who exhibited out there. We particularly liked that Fuji’s booth was so big – it’s nice to see this stalwart of the photo world still up and swinging.
- Many photographers – amateur and pro alike – have come to rely on Nik Software’s apps like Snapseed, HDR Efex Pro, and Silver Efex Pro for many parts of their workflow. Last week, Google announced that they’ve bought out Nik Software, prompting some to wonder if they’d keep the pro apps around. Fortunately, it looks like Google fully intends to do so.
- This is really kinda cool – Macallan is teaming up with photographer Annie Leibovitz for a promotion featuring Annie’s photography on limited-edition bottles of single malt scotch. Great to see photography making inroads into all kinds of different outlets.
- We just wrapped up our series on Leica, and it seems like a timely topic now. Apparently, the Hollywood set are all into these legendary cameras.
- We love the spirit f DIYers out there, and this one, showing us how one photographer made a custom insert for her camera gear, just tickled us pink.
- And finally, in case you missed it, our very own Jim Goldstein was on Rick Sammon and Juan Pons’ excellent Digital Photo Experience podcast.
And now, for the BorrowLenses.com rundown!
- You’ve only got till tomorrow to enter the Fan Photography Challenge! Submit your architectural photos now!
- Consider this your last call for our current weekly promo! Nikon 70-200 VRII, anyone?
- (Update on Mon, Sep 24, 2012) If you missed last week’s promo, remember that there’s some great glass in our new Deal of the Week. Make sure you get in on it before we sell out!
That’s it for this week’s Cool Stuff. As always, questions and feedback are welcome in the comments below.