Welcome to Cool Stuff, a weekly feature where we post our favorite links from the past week, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
- You probably saw this already, but dangit, how could we not repost this? A seagull takes off with a GoPro? Genius!
- The big Photokina photography show is almost on us and the announcements are coming hard and fast. We recommend keeping an eye on our friends at PetaPixel; they’ve got a ton of info about announcements from Sony, Nikon, Hasselblad, and more.
- And speaking of announcements from Nikon, they’ve made a crazy-cool video to show off the video capabilities of their newly-announced D600.
- Google Glass is starting to make a splash in all kinds of places, including the world of fashion. Here’s a video from Diane von Furstenberg’s 2013 show in New York, captured via Google Glass.
- Finally, even though we don’t carry any film gear, it makes our hearts glad to see that the old stalwart Rolleiflex TLR analog camera is still being made today.
And now, for the BorrowLenses.com rundown!
- In case you haven’t heard, we’re running a photo contest! Check out the details here, and keep up with us on Facebook for updates!
- Pick a mount. Any mount! Well, as long as it’s EF or PL, anyway. Cine fans will know what those are, and that’s whom we got these new Zeiss Compact Prime Super Speed Cine Lenses for.
- Canon fans, the new, super-sharp, super-awesome 24-70 f/2.8L II has arrived. Rent one now!
- Last, but not least, remember that you’ve still got two days to get in on this week’s promo! 25% off a Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS II? It figures that this would show up right when I’ve been told to ditch my Canon gear and go shoot Nikon for 4 weeks. But more on that later.
That’s it for this week’s Cool Stuff. As always, questions and feedback are welcome in the comments below.