Welcome to Cool Stuff, a weekly feature where we post our favorite links from the past week, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
- We begin this week with this riveting and powerful video on the impact of the world’s most powerful videos. There’s a lot missing from this video, but I think we’ll all agree there’s something to be said for the core message here.
- Black and white photographers are almost fanatical about their art and craft. Here’s a pretty cool video (in B&W, natch!) that might help explain why.
- The next vid comes to us from our friends at PetaPixel – have YOU heard of Flam Wenders?
- Let’s face it, we’re a gear company. And as a gear company, we salivate over new stuff just like everyone else. So we’re stoked to see two new cameras from Canon, the C500 4K video beast, and the original C300’s little sibling, the C100.
- And finally, because we must – the Leica 1600mm f/5.6. Cost: just over $2 million. Erm, no. We will NOT be carrying this lens for rent.
And now, for the BorrowLenses.com rundown!
- Sony shooters, rejoice! We’ve got the 16-50mm f/2.8 zoom now in stock.
- Hardcore video geeks, you’re welcome. We now have the ATOMOS Ninja 2 Video Recorder for rent. 4:2:2, ProRes or DNxHD, right onto SSD or HDD, baby!
- SoCal shooters – did someone say you wanted yet another pickup location down there? Done. Our partners at Aquatech in Fountain Valley are now a pickup/dropoff location.
- East Coast peeps, we announced last week that we had two new locations there, in PA and NY. But wait! There’s more! We just added Washington, D.C., and Virginia to the list!
That’s it for this week’s Cool Stuff. As always, questions and feedback are welcome in the comments below.
Latest posts by Sohail Mamdani (see all)
- Latest Gear at BorrowLenses – July Edition - July 27, 2015
- Going Long On a Budget: The Tamron 150-600mm Telephoto Lens - July 8, 2015
- Swap out That Wide Angle Lens for Your Landscape Photography - July 7, 2015