Welcome to Cool Stuff, a weekly feature where we post our favorite links from the past week, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
- I think if we could figure out a way to ship this, we might rent it. Regardless, we still want some of these, if for no other reason than we wanna play with them! I’m not talking about the Minis in the ad below, but about those long, tube-shaped light modifiers.
- Scott Kelby’s blog is on our daily must-read list. This video, where Scott explains to you why built-in video-editing in Photoshop is a big deal, is one of many reasons why.
- You know those image borders that Instagram, Hipstamatic, and all those other camera apps like to apply? Well, back in the days of film, they had an actual purpose. Check out this post from Pixiq to find out what it was.
- NBC’s coverage notwithstanding, you probably have heard that the Olympics are on. DPReview has a quick post on some truly high-def (think 8K and Gigapan) coverage of the games.
- Photographer Daniel Milnor – whose posts are quickly becoming analogous to high photographic literature to us – talks to another fellow Leica shooter, Eric Labastida. Labastida has a series of images about Tijuana, and this is one conversation you’ll want to take in.
- We absolutely love – LOVE – A Photo Editor‘s Daily Edit column. Check out this one, which features a piece from The New York Times magazine.
- We end this week with a bit about underwater photography, which is… wait. Where’s that shark going with with my gear! Come back you… oh my, what sharp teeth you have. Look, just keep the dang camera, okay?
That’s it for this week’s Cool Stuff. As always, questions and feedback are welcome in the comments below.