Cool Stuff – Week of July 23, 2012Cool Stuff
Welcome to Cool Stuff, a weekly feature where we post our favorite links from the past week, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
- Months after many people said they should have, Canon has finally entered the compact mirrorless camera market with the EOS M. Our friends over at PetaPixel have a great roundup of the features, pricing and availability of this new camera.
- We posted this over the weekend, but come on, no Cool Stuff roundup would be complete without this. So, here for your viewing pleasure is the inimitable Zack Arias on DigitalRev’s “Pro Photographer, Cheap Camera” segment.
- We’re addicted to David Hobby’s “Strobist” blog, and today, he posted about a different addiction altogether. Here’s his piece on photographer Mathieu Young photographing an illegal cannabis farm.
- Nature photographers, listen up! The awesome folks at PhotoShelter have a guide out now on how to sell your nature photography. Of course, as with many of their other guides, this one’s free too.
- Last week, we talked about videographer Philip Bloom. This week, we talk about his assistant Preston Kanak, who just put together the first part of a series of tutorials on how to shoot RAW time-lapse. The idea behind it is pretty simple – if you like what you see, pay it forward.
- This video came to us by way of Vincent Laforet’s excellent blog. It takes you through the ages of title designs for films, starting in the early 1900s, to today.
- And finally, for those who’ve been looking forward to playing with Canon’s flagship 1Dx, here’s a great series of tutorials that you can play right on the 1Dx’s screen, by way of United by Photography.
That’s it for this week’s Cool Stuff! As always, questions and feedback are welcome in the comments below.