Welcome to Cool Stuff, a weekly feature where we post our favorite links from the past week, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
- We start this week by talking about one of our favorite photographers, Zack Arias. Zack was just named one of the top 50 street photographers around today by Complex magazine. His response is – as are most things Zack writes – engaging, entertaining and thought-provoking.
- Speaking of great photographers, Steve McCurry, the man who captured what is perhaps National Geographic’s most iconic cover, has posted an outstanding gallery of monsoon images.
- NASA seems to have a knack for releasing jaw-dropping imagery that smacks us upside the head when they do. Here’s some star trails, taken from the International Space Station.
- The folks at PetaPixel have a great piece with some very practical advice for photographers. Yeah, we know, there’s lots of these types of articles around, but this was was actually pretty good.
- iPhone users, rejoice! You already knew the iPhone 3GS could be a usable camera in a fashion shoot (albeit with lots of studio lighting, etc), thanks to Patrick and Lee over at FStoppers. Now, the always amazing Nick Fancher follows it up with a more minimalist answer to the original FStoppers video, this time with an iPhone 4S.
- And speaking of great videos, this one showing the ridiculously fantastic Dan Winters photographing Jack Nicklaus for the cover of Golf Digest is definitely worth your time.
- Street fashion photography Scott Schuman – better known to some as The Sartorialist – has a particular affinity for capturing great fashion on the streets of some of the world’s most glamorous cities. Here he is in Madrid, shooting for Loewe.
- We leave you this week with, well, we’ve run out of superlatives, so just watch this video about the creative film Marmalade…
That’s it for this week’s Cool Stuff. As always, questions and feedback are welcome in the comments below.
Latest posts by Sohail Mamdani (see all)
- Latest Gear at BorrowLenses – July Edition - July 27, 2015
- Going Long On a Budget: The Tamron 150-600mm Telephoto Lens - July 8, 2015
- Swap out That Wide Angle Lens for Your Landscape Photography - July 7, 2015