Cool Stuff – Week of June 30, 2012Cool Stuff
Welcome to Cool Stuff, a weekly feature where we post our favorite links from the past week, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
- You know we’re getting the much-hyped Sony FS-700, and if you follow us on Facebook, you know that we’ve already used it to do an awesome little take on Reservoir Dogs. If you haven’t, here it is for your viewing pleasure.
- Of course, if you’re looking for a good review of the FS700 while you wait for ours, here’s one you should see. Al Jazeera’s Matthew Allard used the camera on assignment in Mongolia, and this is his review.
- Speaking of new technology, if you haven’t seen this already, you should really head over to Vincent Laforet’s blog and give his take on 3D, 4K, and more a thorough read.
- Switching gears to the world of still photos, a new documentary from filmmaker Thomas Leach chronicles the life of legendary New York street photographer Saul Leiter. Here’s the trailer.
- Strobists, pay heed. Steve Lloyd has a great piece over on PetaPixelon how he created this great image of a mountain biker on an arch.
- Finally, Luke Neumann over at Neumann films has a great set of overlays you can use in your next video to simulate looking through a DSLR viewfinder. Oh – did I mention it’s free?
That’s it for this week’s Cool Stuff. As always, questions and feedback are welcome in the comments below.
Latest posts by Sohail Mamdani (see all)
- Seeking Inspiration – August 17, 2014 - August 17, 2014
- Seeking Inspiration — July 20, 2014 - July 20, 2014
- The Bokeh Effect: How Sensor Size Affects Background Blur - May 14, 2014