Welcome to Cool Stuff, a weekly feature where we post our favorite links from the past week, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
- Time-lapse fans, rejoice! Tom Lowe, one of the masters in this field, has finally released his long-awaited film, TImescapes. Serious fans can even pony up $99 to get the full-resolution, 4K file on a USB stick, or the Cineform-edited file on a hard drive for $299. Here, for your viewing pleasure, is the trailer.
- From time-lapse to cinemagraphs, alternative forms of motion storytelling are gaining momentum. Here’s a preview of some technology that might just make its way into the next version of Photoshop or Premiere, to make creating cinemagraphs easier.
- Got a ton of images spread out over multiple photo-sharing sites? I do. This app might just be your ticket to locating an upload quickly.
- Landscape photographer Peter Lik is one of the best-selling fine art photographers around today. Here’s a video showing a behind-the-scenes look at his collection of images from New York city. You can find more on Peter’s YouTube channel.
- Steadicam shots aren’t easy; here’s one from the movie Hugo that made the operator sigh in relief when it was over. GREAT behind-the-scenes look at what goes into a movie scene (including some interesting peeks into lighting and set movement).
- Remember that Leica B&W digital-sensor-camera that we were scratching our heads about a few weeks ago? Here’s a side-by-side comparison of what it can do for your B&W photography. Of course, I’m sticking with Nik Silver Efex Pro 2.
- The guys at DigitalRev are awesome. Here’s Kai, giving you 50 photo tips in 15 minutes. Roll tape!
- We leave you today with this outstanding contribution from the folks at The Camera Store in Calgary. Oh Canada!
That’s it for this edition of Cool Stuff. As always, questions and feedback are welcome in the comments below.
Latest posts by Sohail Mamdani (see all)
- Latest Gear at BorrowLenses – July Edition - July 27, 2015
- Going Long On a Budget: The Tamron 150-600mm Telephoto Lens - July 8, 2015
- Swap out That Wide Angle Lens for Your Landscape Photography - July 7, 2015