Cool Stuff, Week of June 23, 2012Cool Stuff
Welcome to Cool Stuff, a weekly feature where we post our favorite links from the past week, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
- We love the smell of fresh gear in the morning. So, when the Canon T4i came in, we had to take it for a whirl and shoot a video to tell you all about it.
- Speaking of videos, would you like to become super-successful at video production, win lots of awards and get mega-rich? The great Philip Bloom has 10 easy steps on how you can do just that!
- Jay P. Morgan has something for the inner pyromaniac in us over at his blog, The Slanted Lens. Learn how to create fire – without actually burning down the house.
- We’ve all seen high-speed video of bullets shattering glass, puncturing balloons, etc. The folks at BMW Canada decided to do something similar – with an M5 as the bullet. This one’s definitely worth watching, folks!
- And speaking of things worth watching, Paramount Studios recently celebrated its 100th anniversary. Courtesy of FStoppers, here’s a quick behind the scenes video showing some of the folks who where there, and a pretty comprehensive article on the setup and execution of the image.
- In another 25 years, the picture above might well be taken with one of these wee beasties. Duke university unveils a gigapixel camera.
- Our friends at Digital Photography School have a great piece on lighting rations for portrait photography. Give it a read; it’ll help detangle the strange web that is lighting rations.
- And finally, for the street photographers out there, photographer Eric Kim has a new ebook out on how to overcome your fear of shooting on the street. Oh – and it’s a free ebook, so go grab it now!
That’s it for this week’s Cool Stuff. As always, questions and feedback are welcome in the comments below.
Latest posts by Sohail Mamdani (see all)
- The Five Best Lenses For the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera - December 9, 2013
- Things to Know about the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera Raw Update (with Some Sample Footage) - December 3, 2013
- What (Else) to Know When Renting the Hasselblad H4X Medium Format Camera w/ 80MP IQ280 Digital Back - November 27, 2013