Welcome to Cool Stuff, a weekly feature where we post our favorite links from the past week, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
- If you don’t know this already, we dig our time-lapses. We also like slo-mo stuff. Filmmaker Russell Houghten combined slo-mo skateboarders rotoscoped into time-lapses. Well, heck…
- We all know that images in magazines are retouched. One teen is taking a stand against digital manipulation, however. More power to her, we say.
- Oh. My. God. That was pretty-much the only thing we could think to say when we saw this ad for the Canadian Paralympics committee. No CGI, all one take. Wow. The Making Of video is here.
- Speaking of video, this one from IQ Interactive tells you why you should be paying attention to video, if you haven’t already been so far…
- Montreal photographer Von Wong has been putting out some amazing work so far. Here’s one heck of an epic shoot he did recently, complete with how he put it all together and a nice BTS (Behind The Scenes) video he did as well.
- And finally, because we haven’t forgotten our stills shooters, here’s one for you: RAW or JPEG? We say RAW every time, but here’s a good pixel-peeping analysis of what you gain and lose with each method.
The following two tabs change content below.