Cool Stuff – Week of May 25, 2012Cool Stuff
Welcome to Cool Stuff, a weekly feature where we post our favorite links from the past week, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
- We start this week with a video that’s really been making the rounds on all the photo blogs of late. Here’s supermodel Coco Rocha, hitting 19 poses in 30 seconds.
- Those who follow our blog know we love photographer Joel Grimes’ work. Here’s another one of his shoots, with female soccer player Hope Solo.
- We’re big proponents of doing more with less, and here’s one guy who managed to strap a Photoflex Octodome to his back for an assignment.
Old photos seem to be popping up everywhere. First, there was Vivian Maier, whose work from the latter half of the 20th century was discovered in 2007. Now, a New Yorker discovered photos from that same period in his aunt’s attic.
- And if that wasn’t enough, a treasure trove of images taken by commercial photographer Jack Robinson in the 1960′s was just found as well. Comprising of portraits of major icons from that era, from Joni Mitchell to The Who, the portraits were discovered after his death.
- We go from great photography to… invisible art? Seriously? A piece of paper that artist Tom Friedman stared at for 1000 hours is now a piece of art? If you buy that, I’ve got a blank jpeg for sale. Bidding starts at $1,000,000.
- You know, as art goes, I’d rather attend a gallery showing of massive Chinese government messups – like this one showing an inspector floating above the ground.
- We’ve attended the Google+ Conference for Photographers this week, and it got a lot of buzz. Venturebeat is now reporting that Google+ wants to be your new Flickr.
- Looks like Facebook wants a piece of that action too. It recently bought Flickr, and now it has its own camera app.
Latest posts by Sohail Mamdani (see all)
- Things to Know about the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera Raw Update (with Some Sample Footage) - December 3, 2013
- What (Else) to Know When Renting the Hasselblad H4X Medium Format Camera w/ 80MP IQ280 Digital Back - November 27, 2013
- Cool Stuff — November 24, 2013 - November 24, 2013