Cool Stuff – Week of May 11, 2012Cool Stuff
Welcome to Cool Stuff, a weekly feature where we post our favorite links from the past week, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
- This week, we start off with a couple of lighting-related videos. The first, from photographer Jay P. Morgan of The Slanted Lens, covers the use of octoboxes in studio lighting.
- Next up, from fledgling photography-related network [F] Network, comes episode 1 of LitUp, featuring photographer Joel Grimes.
- Jon Christopher Meyers has some amazing images of raptors. Watch this behind-the-scenes video to learn how he made them.
- Continuing the lighting theme, our friends at PetaPixel have a great piece on lighting up particles in the air for some snazzy silhouette portraits.
- We may be an all-digital shop, but we love our retro stuff too. No small wonder that this shop in San Francisco appeals to us. Tintype portraits, in 20 minutes!
- That iPad keeps getting more powerful. Now there’s a free iPad app that turns your photos into 3D models.
- Back to PetaPixel for an awesome little tidbit about a browser bookmarklet that turns the web into one giant photo book.
- Um. Wow. $8000 for a camera with a black and white sensor. I like Leica stuff, but this may be a bit… much.
- We end with another video – this time, a long piece from Chase Jarvis that you absolutely have to watch. It’s not about a photography-specific topic, but on the general nature of creativity.
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by Sohail Mamdani (see all)
- Seeking Inspiration – August 17, 2014 - August 17, 2014
- Seeking Inspiration — July 20, 2014 - July 20, 2014
- The Bokeh Effect: How Sensor Size Affects Background Blur - May 14, 2014