Cool Stuff – Week of April 27, 2012Cool Stuff
Welcome to Cool Stuff, a weekly feature where we post our favorite links from the past week, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
- This week, we start things off with a really cool time-lapse of Portland. I could spend a whole blog post describing its coolness, but here, take a look…
- Now, unless you’ve been living under a rock, you know that Adobe made the formal announcement for the newest version of its Creative Suite, CS6. Here’s a great playlist of about 30 videos on just one of those apps, Photoshop, from Adobe’s YouTube channel.
- Just in case you have been living under a rock, though, here’s PetaPixel’s piece on the announcement.
- There were a lot of great things announced last week at NAB. One announcement happened this week that had us sitting up and taking notice. I don’t think we’ll be carrying it in our rental inventory, but here’s Ikea’s entry into the world of digital cameras.
- Okay, this just might be a video-heavy edition of Cool Stuff, but here’s some more amazing time-lapse stuff, this time from Shawn Reeder, who made this amazing video of Yosemite…
- Speaking of videos, here’s a really, really, really cool one made with just four photographs, created by Jeff Farmer and brought to our attention via Planet5D.
- Don’t worry, we have something for still shooters too. Like this astounding series of images of rooms made from LEGO blocks. Add that one into the “I wish I’d thought of that” department.
ISO1200 magazine has a great video of photographer Jim Zuckerman, covering how he creates some of his iconic images. FYI: you’ve most likely seen Jim’s images, even if the name doesn’t ring a bell.
- And speaking of great images, how about 870,000 of them? New York City has opened up that many images from its municipal archives, dating back to the 1800s. It’s definitely worth a look!
- And finally, from the “because they can” department, here’s a 6mm fisheye from Nikon. The price? More than $160,000.
That’s it for this week’s Cool Stuff. As always, questions and feedback are welcome in the comments below.
Latest posts by Sohail Mamdani (see all)
- Cool Stuff — April 14, 2014 - April 14, 2014
- Capturing the Surf: an Interview with Photographer Seth Migdail - April 3, 2014
- Fuji X-T1: First Impressions - March 26, 2014