Cool Stuff – Week of April 20, 2012Cool Stuff
Welcome to Cool Stuff, a weekly feature where we post our favorite links from the past week, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
A few gear announcements this week. We’ll start with the Black Magic Camera, which gives you 2.5K resolution, 13 stops of dynamic range, and EF and ZE mounts – with electronic iris control. Yum.
- Nikon’s got the successor to its D3100. The D3200 adds a 24.2MP sensor and is available in red. New: optional WiFi.
- There are LOADS more new product announcements from NAB. A few great sites to check these out at are:
- Here at BorrowLenses.com, we love our Behind-The-Scenes (BTS) videos. This one comes to us by way of Melissa Rodwell of the awesome Fashion Photography Blog.
- Speaking of BTS videos, here’s one of a different kind. The awesome folks at PhotoShelter put together an interview with Forbes’ Senior Photo Editor Michele Hadlow about what photographers need to succeed with the magazine.
- And finally, to cement Google+’s place in the hearts and minds of photographers who’ve turned it into their very own community space since the service’s launch, there’s the Google+ Photographer’s Conference. Created with the folks from Kelby Training, this two-day conference in San Francisco is the first of its kind organized by Google+. Scott Kelby put the following video together for the conference.
That’s it for this week’s Cool Stuff. As always, suggestions and questions are welcome in the comments section below!