Cool Stuff – Week of April 20, 2012Cool Stuff
Welcome to Cool Stuff, a weekly feature where we post our favorite links from the past week, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
A few gear announcements this week. We’ll start with the Black Magic Camera, which gives you 2.5K resolution, 13 stops of dynamic range, and EF and ZE mounts – with electronic iris control. Yum.
- Nikon’s got the successor to its D3100. The D3200 adds a 24.2MP sensor and is available in red. New: optional WiFi.
- There are LOADS more new product announcements from NAB. A few great sites to check these out at are:
- Here at BorrowLenses.com, we love our Behind-The-Scenes (BTS) videos. This one comes to us by way of Melissa Rodwell of the awesome Fashion Photography Blog.
- Speaking of BTS videos, here’s one of a different kind. The awesome folks at PhotoShelter put together an interview with Forbes’ Senior Photo Editor Michele Hadlow about what photographers need to succeed with the magazine.
- And finally, to cement Google+’s place in the hearts and minds of photographers who’ve turned it into their very own community space since the service’s launch, there’s the Google+ Photographer’s Conference. Created with the folks from Kelby Training, this two-day conference in San Francisco is the first of its kind organized by Google+. Scott Kelby put the following video together for the conference.
That’s it for this week’s Cool Stuff. As always, suggestions and questions are welcome in the comments section below!
Latest posts by Sohail Mamdani (see all)
- Things to Know about the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera Raw Update (with Some Sample Footage) - December 3, 2013
- What (Else) to Know When Renting the Hasselblad H4X Medium Format Camera w/ 80MP IQ280 Digital Back - November 27, 2013
- Cool Stuff — November 24, 2013 - November 24, 2013