Welcome to Cool Stuff, a weekly feature where we post our favorite links from the past week, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
- If you’ve read this feature before, you know we love our time-lapses. Well, this is one heck of a time-lapse. Using tradition techniques alongside tone-mapping, this feature used 35,000 photos taken over 7 months to produce this video. Check it out below, and see Drew Geraci’s other videos here.
- iPhone photographers, listen up. Jag.gr claims to have an app in the works that’ll let you shoot and save RAW data in a TIFF wrapper off your iPhone.
- Adobe is revealing their Production Premium CS6 suite of apps at NAB. These include Premier and After Effects CS6.
- Petapixel has a great piece on 3D sterographs made in France in the 1930’s. They gave me a bit of a headache, but they are really cool.
Canon’s on a bit of a roller coaster lately, so the next few stories are about them. We start with the bad news: looks like there is a light leak issue with the new 5D Mark IIIs after all.
- It looks like the Canon 1Dx’s ship date has now slipped to June. It was supposed to be out this month.
- That hasn’t stopped Canon from introducing new cameras. First, the concept camera they showed briefly last year has a name: the Canon 1D C.
- And, as if that weren’t enough, they have the C300’s big brother too, the C500.
- 500px fans, rejoice! There’s a new plan available for you, in between the “free” and the “Awesome” plans. Check out the new “Plus” plan here.
That’s it for this week’s Cool Stuff. As always, suggestions and feedback in the comments section is always welcome!