Cool Stuff – Week of March 30, 2012Cool Stuff
Welcome to Cool Stuff, a weekly feature where we post our favorite links from the past week, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
- This week, we start in Dubai. Many photographers worship at the altar of Gregory Heisler; here, he takes on two of my favorite photographers, David Hobby and Martin Prihoda. The verdict? Watch the video.
- Alright Nikon users. Go ahead. Rejoice. DxOMark just gave the D800 its highest score ever.
Photographers Lucie and Simon have created something truly awesome in their series, “Silent World.” Wanna see what NYC looks like without people? Have a look…
- What happens when you grab Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmedinejad by both hands and drag him to a makeshift studio to take his picture? Photographer Platon Antinou tells the tale, along with a host of other photographers who recite their most memorable photographic experience.
- Everyone’s on Pinterest lately. Popular Photography has a great list of dos and don’ts for photographers on Pinterest.
- Wanna get hired to shoot publicity for a TV network? PDN has some tips on how you can do that.
- And, speaking of making a living as a photographer, Shaun Fenn recalls how he made it from assistant to pro for PDN too.
- Not exactly photo-related, but PetaPixel has a nice piece on how the internet is changing the face of art (including photographic art).
- A quick photo find here – if you don’t know about it, you should really check out LPV Magazine, especially if you’re into fine art photography.
That’s it for this week’s Cool Stuff. As always, leave us a note with any feedback or questions in the comments below…
Latest posts by Sohail Mamdani (see all)
- Cool Stuff — April 14, 2014 - April 14, 2014
- Capturing the Surf: an Interview with Photographer Seth Migdail - April 3, 2014
- Fuji X-T1: First Impressions - March 26, 2014