Cool Stuff – Week of March 23, 2012Cool Stuff
Welcome to Cool Stuff, a weekly feature where we post our favorite links from the past week, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
- Unless you were hiding under a rock, you already know that Adobe released a public beta of Photoshop CS6. Check it out now at labs.adobe.com.
- This one’s a bit long, but awesome. Chase Jarvis and Superfad work together on an experimental fashion video with the Phantom camera. Here it is, for your viewing pleasure…
- Speaking of fashion, Israel has banned the display of ads showing overly thin models. Moreover, if an ad is digitally altered to make the model look thinner, then the ad must be labelled as such.
Folks, this gives a whole new meaning to the word “Timelapse.” PetaPixel has a great story about German photographer Michael Wesley, who has spent a good amount of time working on techniques for super-long exposures. I don’t mean hours, or even days. I mean years. Yeah, you read that right. His exposures are between two and three years.
- For the bird photographers among us, you’ll appreciate this. DIY Photography has a blog about using a Red Dot Sight to aim those massive superteles.
- Oh my God! You killed Bunny! You b@$t@rd! ‘Nuff said.
- From bunnies to lions, here’s an awesome story about NatGeo photographer Mattias Klum surviving an encounter with a lioness.
- Lighting geeks will love this. Now you can use open-source 3D app Blender to help you visualize lighting setups!
That’s it for this week’s Cool Stuff! As always, leave us a note if you think we ought to include something in next week’s lineup!