Cool Stuff, Week of Jan 30 – Feb 6, 2012Cool Stuff
Welcome to Cool Stuff, a weekly feature where we post our favorite links from the past week, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
- Fuji users are gonna be even more insufferable than ever. The XPro 1’s sample images look ridiculously good. Christian Fletcher has some images on his blog (check out the ISO 6400 sample and be ready to pick your jaw off the floor). There’s also an ISO 25,600 image here.
- Final Cut Pro users were pretty ticked off when they first saw the newest version of FCPX, and with good reason. Now, however, Apple has an update out that restores many pro features, including multi-cam editing and XML import/export. Too little, too late? Maybe not.
- Photographer Zack Arias has switched to a medium-format system. He has a camera walkthrough and the reasoning for the switch on his blog.
- We all love time-lapse photography. They guys at DIY Photography have a great piece on a custom hand-crafted wooden dolly and the time-lapse it was used to shoot. The time-lapse is embedded below.
Fade from Joshua VP on Vimeo.
- Heh heh. Sh*t photographers say, two different versions.
Sh** Photographers Say from Jason Groupp on Vimeo.
- Chase Jarvis has a great piece on his blog, called “Horn Toot! Study Reveals that Creativity & Culture Drive Economy.” Go read it. It’ll make you feel good about choosing an artistic pursuit as your career.
- And they say you can’t make money selling stock photography. Petapixel brings us a video from German broadcaster Deutsche Welle on stock king Yuri Arcurs’ empire.
- Yes, another one. Pentax has a new mirrorless camera out, caled the K-01. We’re not quite sure what to make of it.
- Who said the iPad was just for consuming media? No one told Avid, because they went and made a $5 video editing app for it, called Avid Studio.
- And speaking of iOS devices, London’s Kensington and Chelsea College is creating a course just for iPhone photography. You heard right. iPhone photography. In a college course. Guess you can’t show up with an Android phone?
That’s it for this week’s Cool Stuff. If you have something you think should be included, let us know! Email us at [email protected]