Welcome to Cool Stuff, a weekly feature where we post our favorite links from the past week, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
- Photoshop Touch for Android tablets has been out since last year, but they didn’t get any buzz until they released it for iOS, apparently. It’s out now, for $9.99.
- Popular photo-sharing website 500px got a whole new look, and a new marketplace for photographers to sell their work.
- Speaking of makeovers, looks like Flickr is due to get one soon as well.
- And speaking of beautiful things, time-lapse photography has turned into an addiction of sorts for us. Here’s the latest, called “Temporal Distortion,” by Randy Halverson.
Temporal Distortion from Randy Halverson on Vimeo.
- But wait! There’s more! Jarbas Agnelli adds a nice twist to his timelapse of Carnival in Rio de Janeiro by using a tilt-shift lens. The results are… well, see for yourself.
The City of Samba from Jarbas Agnelli on Vimeo.
- More prettiness: A new venture, called SeaView, aims to do for the ocean what Google Street View did for land. Check out some amazing imagery at the SeaView website.
- And just in case you thought we were going to end this list with just pretty things, we’ll switch gears to a business topic and mention that the folks at Photoshelter have released a free workbook on SEO (Search Engine Optimization) for photographers.
That’s it for this week’s Cool Stuff. If you have something you think should be included, let us know! Email us at email@example.com.
Latest posts by Sohail Mamdani (see all)
- Latest Gear at BorrowLenses – July Edition - July 27, 2015
- Going Long On a Budget: The Tamron 150-600mm Telephoto Lens - July 8, 2015
- Swap out That Wide Angle Lens for Your Landscape Photography - July 7, 2015