Welcome to Cool Stuff, a weekly feature where we post our favorite links from the past week, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
- This week, we start off with a bit of inspiration, thanks to PRI’s Ira Glass.
Ira Glass on Storytelling from David Shiyang Liu on Vimeo.
- Lighting geeks, this one’s for you. PocketWizard has a new model of their popular radio trigger out, called the Plus III. Here’s David “the Strobist” Hobby’s take, and here’s Joe McNally on the new radio triggers.
- The ACLU has an amusing video out on the rights of photographers. Worth a look, in case you weren’t up to speed on photography and the law.
- Well, we knew that photographers used Photoshop, but this? How can I ever believe that BodyBuildBlasterMaxPro 3000 actually works now?
- PopPhoto has released their test results of the new G1x compact from Canon.
- Ever wonder what goes into picking the cover of a magazine? Newsweek shows you nine options for their most recent issue’s cover that didn’t make it, and the one that did.
- Looks like it’s photo theft season. Almost £1M worth of photo gear was stolen from the CVP (a British retailer). Then, in Dublin, Ireland, thieves pulled off a van heist, stealing roughly £100,000 worth of Nikon gear.
- Let’s end this week’s Cool Stuff with a laugh: Kai Wong (no relation to our own Alex Wong) does a humorous video about training a total noob as a photographer and trying to pass him off as a pro.
That’s it for this week’s Cool Stuff. If you have something you think should be included, let us know! Email us at email@example.com.
Latest posts by Sohail Mamdani (see all)
- Latest Gear at BorrowLenses – July Edition - July 27, 2015
- Going Long On a Budget: The Tamron 150-600mm Telephoto Lens - July 8, 2015
- Swap out That Wide Angle Lens for Your Landscape Photography - July 7, 2015