Cool Stuff – January 9, 2012Cool Stuff
Welcome to Cool Stuff, a weekly feature where we post our favorite links from the past week, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
- Don’t know if you guys heard, but there’s a new Nikon camera out. No biggie.
- Of course, like it wasn’t enough to announce the D4, Nikon’s site accidentally teased the D800, too.
On the subject of new gear, CES kicks off today, and there’s a number of new items of note. The one garnering most of the attention right now is Canon’s new G1x, a big (almost APS-C-sized) sensor point and shoot.
- Fuji hasn’t announced it – yet – but the specs and pics of the upcoming X-Pro1 are all over the place. As usual, PetaPixel does a great job of rounding stuff up.
- Switching gears for a bit, how about this for new time-lapse tech: move your camera through 3D space – without physically moving it. Video of the how-to below.
- Here’s a neat little app to create stereographic projections (hit the link for a sample).
- Lighting geeks, listen up. Popular Photography has a nice piece on understanding Flash Falloff on their site.
- While you’re lugging around your new D4/1Dx/Fuji/whatever, remember to pay a bit of attention to your health, too. Kevin Kubota talks about his experience with photography-related pain on his site.
- And finally, to top things off with a bit of humor, via FStoppers, a trick that every fashion photographer ought to know about slimming models.
That’s it for this week’s Cool Stuff. If you have something you think should be included, let us know! Email us at [email protected]
Latest posts by Sohail Mamdani (see all)
- Cool Stuff — April 14, 2014 - April 14, 2014
- Capturing the Surf: an Interview with Photographer Seth Migdail - April 3, 2014
- Fuji X-T1: First Impressions - March 26, 2014