Cool Stuff, January 30, 2012Cool Stuff
Welcome to Cool Stuff, a weekly feature where we post our favorite links from the past week, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
When one of the world’s best shooters dips his toes into video, you sit up and take notice. Joe McNally takes the Nikon D4’s video capabilities out for a spin.
- Issue 5 of the Kelby Media Group’s lighting-specific magazine, Light It! is out now. Some great stuff in there from Frank Doorhof, Tom Bol, and others.
- From the “You don’t need a $10,000 camera” department, comes another awesome slo-mo video, shot on a T2i, via fstoppers.com.
Slow It Down from Sacha Powell on Vimeo.
- Bryan O’Neil Hughes, Senior Photoshop Project Manager, shows off some new features in Camera RAW 7, as well as a very brief tweak to Photoshop CS6 too, via Scott Kelby.
- Bird photographers, beware. That hummingbird you’re taking pictures of might just be taking pictures of you, too.
- This is one honking large image. NASA has released an updated version of that famous “Blue Marble” photo of the earth. Here’s the link to the full-sized one in all its 8000-pixel glory: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gsfc/6760135001/sizes/o/in/photostream/.
- This is every wedding photographer’s dream come true: a calm, reasoned approach to explaining why prices for wedding shooters can be as high as they are, in response to a very irate bride-to-be.
- I’ll admit it – I’m a bit envious. I wish I’d thought of this, but Pixiq has a great list of 25 awesome time-lapse videos.
- Nikon afficionados, rejoice once more. The D700 has officially been declared end-of-life. PetaPixel is reporting a potential Feb 7 launch date for the D800.
- And speaking of new cameras, we end this list with a comparison of video from the Nikon D4 vs the Canon 1Dx. Since neither camera is really out there yet, this is still subject to change, but here it is, via Colby Brown.
That’s it for this week’s Cool Stuff. If you have something you think should be included, let us know! Email us at [email protected]
Latest posts by Sohail Mamdani (see all)
- New Photo Gear at BorrowLenses – April 2015 Edition - April 13, 2015
- New Video Gear at BorrowLenses – April 2015 Edition - April 10, 2015
- Cool Stuff — March 29, 2015 - March 29, 2015