Welcome to Cool Stuff, a weekly feature where we post our favorite links from the past week, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
- Lightroom users, rejoice! Adobe has a public beta of Lightroom 4 for you. Loads of new features, including video support, localized highlight and shadow controls, and more.
- Speaking of new releases, the X-Pro1 we mentioned last week is now official, with an ouch-inducing pricetag of about $1700.
- Sigma debuted a new 180mm Macro lens with Optical Stabilization. Then, one of only two pre-production lenses in existence was stolen from the CES show.
- Steadicam was also out at CES, and unveiled a new Merlin 2 stabilizer for camcorders and HDDSLRs.
- From the “That’s… cool?” department, Petapixel has a story about some really off-beat self-portraits… in a tub.
- You’ve all got (or seen) smartphones with cameras. Now Polaroid wants you to have a camera with a smartphone in it. If it works (and if it’s a decent camera), it’ll be a really neat idea.
- Our friends at Digital Photography School have an awesome roundup of 289 “Best photos of 2011″ blog posts. That’s right. 289 of them.
- The folks over at DPS also have a great piece on shooting video with DIY lights made from Home Depot parts.
- Speaking of DIY, here’s how you can make a DIY beauty dish for small flash.
- For a bit of a throwback, here’s how to etch your images into metal.
- And finally, one of the most impressive panoramic images I’ve ever seen: There’s guns, Camaros, a Lotus, helicopters and explosions, all in one single 360-degree panorama. Check out the behind-the scenes video embedded here…
The Chase – BTS from Eric Herrmann on Vimeo.
That’s it for this week’s Cool Stuff. If you have something you think should be included, let us know! Email us at email@example.com.