Welcome to Cool Stuff, a weekly feature where we post our favorite links from the past week, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
- We love creative stuff like this Canon Commandos vs Nikon Terrorists video. That Canon 100–400 makes for an awesome shotgun!
- It’s here! Issue 2 of Kelby Media Group’s “Light It” magazine has finally been approved by the Apple App Store. Technical difficulties with memory leaks and other issues held up the release of the magazine’s second issue, but it’s now here.
- Okay, so it’s not precisely photography-related, but it’s worth mentioning. Artist Miguel Endara made an image of his father with over 3 million dots, all created using a pen.
- So this was on our Facebook page earlier, but it bears repeating: Awkward holiday photos FTW!
- What does a monkey riding a bull look like? Time magazine will show you as part of their “Most Surprising Photos of 2011” piece.
- 3D photography may or may not be your thing, but if it is, this patent from Olympus might make you Micro 4/3 shooters out there salivate.
- Canon 1Dx lovers, you have competition. Nikon Rumors revealed the upcoming D4 specs and it looks like the upcoming Canon flagship has serious competition.
- We’ve all heard about the problems Olympus has encountered of late. Now it looks like another venerable company might just be their white knight. Rumors are circulating about a Fujifilm buyout of Olympus.
- And finally, to round things off, our favorite new timelapse. Tom Lowe is one of the icons in the industry and we’re thrilled to see his film, Timescapes, is now out. The thing is practically feature-length and is jaw dropping. Take a gander at the trailer…
That’s it for this week’s cool stuff. If you have something you think should be included, let us know! Email us at email@example.com.