Cool Stuff – November 28, 2011Cool Stuff
Welcome to Cool Stuff, a weekly feature where we post our favorite links from the past week, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
It’s been a slow week, so we had to dig far and deep, but there was some cool stuff this week…
- It’s been a while since they did so, but with the hype surrounding the camera in the new iPhone 4S, I guess Popular Photography didn’t have much of a choice. Here’s their review of the iPhone 4S Camera.
- Speaking of the iPhone camera, Photojojo has an iPhone lens dial. It’s… well, take a look…
- Can’t tell the difference between a good photo and a bad one? No worries. PhotoWeeklyOnline reports that Xerox is working on software that will be able to determine whether a photo has good or bad aesthetic qualities.
- It’s not the kind of timelapse we’re used to seeing, but Petapixel has as story about a satellite timelapse of the seasons passing on earth. Neat.
- It’s the feel-good story of the month – a scuba diver recovered a Canon Rebel from the bottom of the ocean and managed to salvage the images on it – even though the camera had been on the ocean floor for a year. He used Google+ to reunite the photos with their owner.
- DIY Photography has a series going on high-speed photography. Here’s the installment about triggers.
Like we said, folks, it’s been a slow week, so that’s it for this week’s cool stuff. If you have something you think should be included, let us know! Email us at [email protected].
Latest posts by Sohail Mamdani (see all)
- Cool Stuff — April 14, 2014 - April 14, 2014
- Capturing the Surf: an Interview with Photographer Seth Migdail - April 3, 2014
- Fuji X-T1: First Impressions - March 26, 2014