Welcome to Cool Stuff, a weekly feature where we post our favorite links from the past week, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
- Okay, this was published a while back, but I don’t think we’ve mentioned this yet, so here it is: one of our favorite timelapses.
Landscapes: Volume Two from Dustin Farrell on Vimeo.
- For all you retro film buffs out there, Photojojo has your Twin Lens Reflex fix. It doesn’t get any cooler than showing up for your next film-photographer’s photowalk with your very own DIY TLR camera.
- Speaking of retro, how’s this for DIY: a digital Lomography-style camera made from the guts of a crappy Vivitar digicam and an old Olympus lens.
- And, while we’re on the topic of new cameras, Nikonians rejoice! D800 pics and specs leaked, courtesy of (who else) Nikonrumors.com.
- People continue to push the boundaries of what’s considered photography. Aaron Hobson takes Google Street View photographs and converts them to fine art pieces. Some of them, I have to say, are pretty darn good.
- They say audio is at least 50% of any motion picture experience. This piece from Oliviatech.com is a useful insight into audio capture.
- Don’t like your day job? Neither did Ansel Adams, so you’re in good company. He felt his commercial work was cutting into his art too.
- Wanna learn how to freeze liquids with light instead of a freezer? Check out this new site from Alex Koloskov. Amazing stuff, especially when you consider how much he likes to achieve in-camera.
- It really is the photographer, not the camera – and Annie Leibovitz adds to that sentiment. Her favorite snapshot camera – the iPhone.
- And last, but not least, images of Fuji’s upcoming interchangeable lens camera have been leaked. Fujians, it’s your (our) turn to rejoice.
That’s it for this week’s cool stuff. If you have something you think should be included, let us know! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by Sohail Mamdani (see all)
- Latest Gear at BorrowLenses – July Edition - July 27, 2015
- Going Long On a Budget: The Tamron 150-600mm Telephoto Lens - July 8, 2015
- Swap out That Wide Angle Lens for Your Landscape Photography - July 7, 2015