Weekly Recap – October 24, 2011BL News
Welcome to the Weekly Recap. Today’s post recaps new and newsworthy items related to photography from around the web for the week ending on October 23.
- Petapixel is reporting that “A couple of scenes in “The Avengers” were shot with the iPhone 4. We’re pissed. We’ve been training on our RED, for heaven’s sake! Now we have to do iPhone training?
- From the “I want it now” department, the Canon 1Dx replaces the 1D Mark IV and 1Ds Mark III.
- Sony halts production of the NEX-7 and Reflex Alpha 65 due to the floods in Thailand. Looks like the D800 announcement might be called off because of that too.
- Got motion blur in your images? The next version of Photoshop might be able to fix that for you. Adobe releases more details on a deblurring tool demoed at Adobe Max 2011.
- Need more megapixels? How’s 200? Go behind the scenes of a vintage Ferrari shoot with the Hasselblad H4D-200MS.
- Canon makes changes to its Canon Professional Services program. It’s now easier to become a member.
- Getty images is getting sued for using the pine-tree-shaped car air fresheners in some of their stock images. Looks like a judge agreed with the air freshener company, because Getty just lost a round in that case.
- There’s a new fund to honor the memory of fallen photojournalist Chris Hondros, who was killed in Libya this year. Donate to the fund at Democracy in Action.
- A couple of weeks ago, Olympus’ CEO was fired. Now, it looks like the scandal goes deeper. Corruption! Fraud! Embezzlement! All the makings of a TV movie.
- New Hero! Everyone’s favorite action sports camera, the GoPro Hero, is now available in a new iteration, the HD Hero 2. Now Jeb Corliss has to do his wingsuit thing all over again with the new cameras.
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by Sohail Mamdani (see all)
- New Photo Gear at BorrowLenses – April 2015 Edition - April 13, 2015
- New Video Gear at BorrowLenses – April 2015 Edition - April 10, 2015
- Cool Stuff — March 29, 2015 - March 29, 2015